Saturday, September 09, 2006

"It's raining, it's pouring"

‘It’s raining, it’s pouring, but there’s just no time for snoring’…Here in Juneau AK one must not stop for rain. If we were to stop what we were doing and go inside whenever the heavens decided to cleanse us then we would all be hermits holed up in our homes. I guess that means that Alaskans aren’t very sweet because we definitely don’t melt in the rain. We treat it as part of the reality that is Southeast AK. There are times when it can be a bit much to endure. Twenty plus days of continual rain can try ones patience. For some it is easier than others. There are people who truly struggle with the well being of their mental health due to the perpetual gray skies but there are others who aren’t bothered by it for the most part such as myself. I moved to Juneau AK a year and a half ago. I had never been here prior to the day I stepped off the plane. I had previously been to AK but never Juneau. AK is a place of magic and wonder to me and here in Southeast artists and writers alike try to express its magnificence. I would tell you that it’s beautiful but it is almost sinful to describe it in such a inadequate way because it will never explain what AK is truly like to behold.

1 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Ya gotta get out there and do, heedless of the rain in Juneau. But I think it's good no one's melting, as the wicked witch melted in water! ;^)

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home